About Me

Fishers, IN
I'm Kelly, 28, and married to the nicest guy on earth Jason, 27. We have one daughter, Ella who is 2. We also have two dogs, KJ and Junior, who Ella will tell you are her bestest friends ever. I love looking at blogs for home decor ideas, DIY projects, and parties.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Doctor's Appointment

For those of you who know, Jason and I have been trying to get pregnant again since Ella's 1st birthday in 2009. In May 2010, my doctor started me on Clomid to try to induce cycles for us to conceive. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome when I was 16 or 17, and always knew that it could be difficult to conceive because of the cysts and the hormones they release. Thats why we were so surprised when we found out we were pregnant with Ella (I had a large cyst rupture the month before, we think I ovulated because my progesterone was low enough without the cyst). We were so happy when she arrived, and she has blessed our lives everyday since. Which is why we want to have more!
So I have been on Clomid since May, with no results. I went to the doctor today for a follow up, and he said that because I never even had a regular cycle during the past 6 months, that we were going to get aggressive. Starting with my next cycle, they are doubling the dosage of Clomid. About halfway into my cycle, I will actually go to the doctors office 3 or 4 times for ultrasounds to see if I have any mature follicles. When I do, they will give me a shot of Luteinizing Hormone to induce ovulation (basically it makes my ovaries release an egg, which they haven't been doing on their own). So that is where we are now. Jason is in training right now, so I haven't even told him today, but I think he will be happy because this should be much cheaper than we were expecting from this appointment. So you are some of the first to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment