About Me

Fishers, IN
I'm Kelly, 28, and married to the nicest guy on earth Jason, 27. We have one daughter, Ella who is 2. We also have two dogs, KJ and Junior, who Ella will tell you are her bestest friends ever. I love looking at blogs for home decor ideas, DIY projects, and parties.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Planning

So Jason and I decided to try Thanksgiving at our house this year. For the past four years we have driven from Columbus an hour to his family's only to stay for an hour or two. Then we would drive another hour to my family's and stay until dark, only to drive another hour and a half home. Since we had Ella, it makes it even harder because she always wants to stay at each place. And hopefully next year, there will be another little one, so we thought we would start this year for a test drive.
Everyone who knows me, knows that I get a little obsessive with planning things. So with only four weeks left until Thanksgiving, I've officially started planning. I already have my spreadsheet of guests and the menu of who is bringing what. Now all I have left is to plan the actual gathering, decorations and other things. I've been searching online, between homework assignments, for fun Thanksgiving sites. Here are some of my favorites:


These chic color schemes and decorating ideas from Hostess with the Mostess daily blog are so neat. My brain is already turning. Below is another inexpensive but cute centerpiece from HWTM daily blog.


Love these candle centerpieces from  Country Living. There are several good ideas in the slideshow. Slide 17 has directions how to make this one.


This pillow idea from BHG.com is easy and festive. I have so many throw pillows around the house, I could easily make a cover for every holiday! There are other easy fall decorating projects on this slideshow. Directions for the pillow are on slide 4. The picture frame idea could be an interesting take on a door wreath.



These felt trivets from MarthaStewart.com are also easy and inexpensive to protect hands and tabletops from hot side dishes.


Here is the first page of my planning spreadsheet. I'm working on a timeline for another page.


I'll keep you posted on what I end up making and using for Thanksgiving this year.

2 comments: